Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Car (sort of) and pregnancy pictures!

Meet Boris. He is a Buick, and a great car. I really have had very few problems with this car and has taken me to Utah, California and back, and all over the state. This month I gave Boris a cheap little makeover after being embarrassed that I let him get so bad. Since Jeff gave me the car, this makeover is dedicated to Jeff. I know he would appreciate what I've done.


The car before. Note the tape on the window (I had it replaced because it has been cracked for over a year now) So, it was worse even before this picture. Note the dirt caked on, the bent Oregon license plate, and the missing hub caps. Both front wheels were bare while the back tires still had lovely old wheel covers.


and The AFTER! Note the new beautiful shiny plastic wheel covers, the beautiful not cracked windshield, the reflection of the tree because it is washed and clean! and although you cannot see this in the picture, it was registered in Utah in my name and therefore has brand new Utah plates. Practically a whole new car! It also got an oil change and vacuumed inside. :)


This is a recent front view of me! Can't really tell I'm pregnant-- just a little thicker than normal. Also a really cute picture of my new hair cut! It's cut into a bob. I have a hard time styling it the way you are supposed to, but I really like it pinned up like this.

and a side view! Just my little baby bump. It's getting bigger and bigger every day. My belly already feels like it's stretched to the max! I can't imagine what it will feel like when I'm actually big! I feel the baby move if I lay down and quietly feel and concentrate. Otherwise I haven't noticed it. This is the month though!

My ultrasound was pushed back a day (I could've already known what we were having but Francisco HAD to have a final scheduled for exactly the same time... lame) So the ultrasound is tomorrow morning! WOOHOO!! We are so super excited. At least I am. :) I'll keep you updated!

and next week we are off to a relaxing vacation to visit Francisco's family in Florida! Yay!!!

5 comments:

Sarah Peterson said...

you look very beautiful in the pictures. I'm sorry you can't style your hair... maybe you need more lessons! You should show me what you do- and I will correct you. If you'd like..

Amber said...

Emma! You look so cute! Your little baby bump is cute too. I couldn't tell that your hair wasn't styled! Its looking great. I love you. Have fun in Florida. Oh, and have fun tomorrow!

Amanda D said...

Your car looks fantastic and I am glad you were able to make it look nice. I hope you have a fun time at your doctors and I am so excited to hear what your having. Ahhh!

Lanette said...

Em, you're gorgeous! Please let us know asap about your ultrasound. I'm dying to know :)

Oh, and Boris is lookin' good!

Karen K. said...

I'm so proud of you. Boris is lookin' studly now! Woo hoo!!!! (Did he get his windshield 're' fixed so he doesn't whistle in the wind?)