Thursday, November 4, 2010

Florida Vacation and Halloween

Francisco had an interview for dental school in Ft Lauderdale Florida, so we all went to visit Francisco's family! It was a great vacation. The interview went really well, but Francisco didn't like the school, so most likely we will not be moving to Florida next year. I think I am okay with that-- I enjoy having seasons. All week it felt like summer-- it was a great break (especially since it was snowing in Utah) but I love fall and spring too!
Luke on the airplane. He did really well. We had some really late flights and although it wasn't easy, he did a good job. He slept in our arms and didn't cry too much. On the way home, I came home by myself with Luke and we had a 4 hour flight! Yikes! He was good. The worst thing that happened was that everyone thought he was a girl! He was wearing red pajamas with rockets on them... seriously guys! Rockets! There were like 4 different people that called him a "cute little girl" or "she did so good on the plane!"... yeah, she sure did...
We were given tickets to see an Arabian nights show. I am so glad we didn't pay for them-- it was not worth it. Each ticket is like $70 for dinner and the show. Dinner was fine but the show was kinda lame. It was with real horses and people did tricks and stuff but it wasn't anything that I could watch on TV for free and get the same effect. It was kinda funny to watch horses like dance though...
Of course we went to the beach! Twice! Luke loved it but it was hilarious when he got water in his mouth. He'd make the silliest face...
He chased birds
Swam
played chase with Papi
and ate shells while we made a little pool/fort for him!


We also went to a church Halloween Party that Friday. Luke dressed up as a Garden Gnome. I made the costume and I think he was adorable! He went "trunk or treating" around the parking lot. His favorite part was picking out the candies from the bowl.
His Tia (Aunt) Melissa with him during the "Costume parade"
Eating dinner. yum yum!

Overall, it was a great trip! It was so fun and nice to see Ines and Jerry and Melissa again.

2 comments:

Karen K. said...

Thank you for posting! I love Luke as a little gnome. He's the only cute one I've ever seen. ;) We'll have to take him to the beach when we go--he can chase birds with Aggie!!!

Karen K. said...

LUKE DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!!! :)