Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cookie dough .... Anyone?


I can totally blame it on our oven! LOL
I am not a good baker at all! I mean how hard can it be to follow a 'simple' recipe, right? I have experience following recipes since I've taken Organic chemistry lab, but these cookies were something else!
I tried to make delicious chocolate chip cookies for Emily for Valentine's day and they just didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. Burned on the bottom and gooey inside!
Anyway.... I'll keep trying.

From right to left: 1st batch, 2nd batch, etc


deliciously uncooked! These cookies are great for milk shakes!

Luke and I visited Emily at work with flower and balloons. I tied the balloons to his wrist, it was so cute (sorry no picture on that). Afterwards We went to Tucanos for Emily's birthday. We ate so good. I love their fried bananas!

My little man

Next project: cheese cake

Interesting things about Luke.
1)He is not afraid of using the big toilet. He has gone number 2 twice this last week.



2)When he wakes up from a nap he sticks his fingers in his mouth, so I usually tell him "No en la boca" which means "not in your mouth". I thought he understood what I meant but he proved me wrong. The other day he had one of Emily's shoes in his mouth and of course I told him "no en la boca", he dropped the shoe and stuck his fingers in his mouth!! So I put it to the test and said again "no en la boca" and each time he will smile and stick his fingers in his mouth.




3) He is a little monkey. He can climb on everything!!! Nothing is safe on top of the table anymore. Is there such a thing as baby proof for chairs? Anyway.. he knows how to pull the chair out and climb on it to use the laptop! (I have a video on this, but I'm not planning to spent an hour uploading a 20 second video here)

4) He is really good at eating on his own. He wouldn't have it any other way.

It is so annoying to upload pictures... it takes for ever!!! I even resized them all! Why is the blog so slow???


2 comments:

Amanda D said...

Too cute, all of it and how did you get the cookies to be a heart? With a cookie cutter? Happy Birthday Emily. Luke is such a cutie. I can't believe how independent he is and he probably does know what you are saying but just likes to push buttons.

Karen K. said...

I love the mouth thing--how funny! I also love his saggy little diaper in the last pictures--made me smile. He is so cute and such a little man. The cookies look perfect to me. YUM. I don't know if it's Blogger that's taking so long to load your pics--I don't have any problems so it might be your computer or internet service?