Monday, March 7, 2011

How grateful we are!



I just finished going through our finances and I'm happy to see the blessings of Heavenly Father in our lives. I almost can't believe the numbers that I'm seeing. I'm grateful for all the grants, scholarships, and the opportunity to attend Brigham Young University (BYU). I'm grateful for the tithe payers that made possible the excellent inexpensive schooling that Emily and I have received. With both of our bachelors in science (BS) and Emily's $7500 internship by the time I start dental school we would only have close to a $3000 debt all together. I appreciate Emily helping me live a frugal life and a life within our means. We don't have fancy cars (nor a car payment), or cool phones or texting for that matter, but we do have peace of mind. Especially that neither of us is working (Emily is working for free), I can definitely see the blessings of tithing. We have everything that we need and some of the things we want, but keeping everything in perspective has been crucial. For some people paying 10% of their income might be hard or almost impossible, but for us it has been proven to be a blessing beyond measure. We don't feel poor at all, but rich in blessings. We are very happy!




4 comments:

Dawn said...

You are very smart to live that frugal lifestyle! So many people out there live month to month and struggle with any little bump in the road! and just think the peace of mind you will have when you both have great jobs with great pay after all your hard work.

Karen K. said...

Yay! I'm glad you choose to live within your means, especially with so many temptations out there.

Sarah Peterson said...

I'm sure the fancy phones and nice cars will be here before you know it! It can be hard to live frugally, but it always pays off in the end.
Those who follow the commandments will prosper, and I know you guys will be able to have a little more in just a few short years ;)

Stephanie Moreno said...

Y muchas bendiciones mas por venir!. Los quiero mucho, personas como ustedes se mereceran lo mejor que la vida pueda ofrecer.