Sunday, October 9, 2011

RD Exam, Luke's craziness, and baby Sam

Last Tuesday, I set off to take the biggest test of my life, the RD registration Exam. I was super nervous, but with the strength of a priesthood blessing and earnest prayer, Heavenly Father blessed me. The morning was completely stress free and I took the exam with very little anxiety. The exam actually wasn't really that bad! I was very prepared and felt good about it AND I PASSED! Hooray! So that was the last thing in order to become a registered dietitian! I am so relieved that it is over and happy that I was able to do it before the baby comes. It is crazy to think that I am actually a dietitian now! It's pretty much unofficially official!
 This was me last Sunday (exactly 1 week ago) at 35 weeks gestation. I guess I need a new picture again because this one is pretty much obsolete! The baby is a whole 1/2 a pound bigger! BUT the doc says I am measuring small-- I measured about 2 weeks behind schedule at my last appointment. I am not too worried. He has always measured small; even in my 20 week ultrasound he was measuring a week small. So the doctor says I might have to go see a specialist and get some tests done to make sure the baby is developing fully. He'll decide next week if I need to do that or not. In the mean time, I am doing my best to make sure I get in enough calories for me and the baby. I have only gained 16 lbs so far so I have to stuff my face to make sure that calories is not the problem for poor growth. (I know this sounds fun, but it's totally not. It makes me not want to eat at all. Nothing tastes good anymore.)

I am feeling completely uncomfortable at this point. The baby is way low in my hips and resting right on my pelvic bone. I am getting ready for this one to come out!


 This is Luke building a fort with the couch cushions. He loves pulling off all the pillows and hiding under them. I helped him build the fort and them he would push the cushions over. He loved it. I had a farther back picture up but I realized that his peepee was showing so I removed it. He's still pretty much at the same point in potty training. Running around with no pants at home and then going in a diaper when we are out. BUT he sometimes will go in the big potty and he is getting better at going number 2 in the potty. (He used to wait till he had a diaper on). AND he tells me every time he goes peepee in his diaper, but rarely makes it to the toilet to go. There have been a couple times that he has though!


 The other night when I was folding laundry Luke helped out by trying to put on every piece of clothing he could find. He has a pair of green shorts on that he put on correctly and then layered 3 tee-shirts on top on the shorts. I then helped him put on the sock to complete the outfit. What do you think? I see a new fashion trend making it's way for winter... haha



 These little shoes have been my latest project. I have made this pattern a couple times last year or Luke, so  I had a little experience but I tried to get fancy with the tops trying to make them a simple loafer, which turned out to be a little difficult. I also made them smaller than the original pattern, which made it harder. So the sewing is not very professional but I think they turned out pretty cute!
I hope they will fit Sam at around 2 months. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Francisco J. Darquea said...

I love you deeply. Thank you for writing sweetie.
I too think the shoes are cute. Can't wait.

Karen K. said...

Those shoes are adorable. Good for you for making them!

When I first glanced at Luke's picture with the clothes I thought his shirt said "Pee Pee Football" hahahaha! (I thought it was appropriate given the potty-training situation.) His little head is cocked to the side again--that is the cutest thing ever. He is one of the cutest things ever!

Speaking of cute, you and your belly are pretty darned cute too. I agree, you should take another picture--at least one a week til 'lil Sam gets here. I am praying he makes his debut when I am there!!! I can't wait to make forts with Luke. And I can't wait for you to be more comfortable.

Karen K. said...

Oh, and I forgot to say congrats on the RD exam. Thought I'd better do it here even though I already got crazy about it on Facebook. I really am proud of you.

t said...

Good job, Emily!!! And good luck with the potty training and the new baby! We're so excited for you!!

-Christine

Dawn said...

1st, CONGRATULATIONS on your exam! I am sure it's a huge relief to be done! 2nd You look absolutely adorable. I measured small with both of my kids and had multiple ultrasounds and everything was fine, I think it's our similar build :-) 3rd Love the new fashion trend and good luck with the continued efforts of potty training. Glad we are past that stage :-) 4th The little shoes look great, I'm impressed! I can't wait to see pictures of precious Sam. Not much longer!!

Lanette said...

Those shoes are so so cute! And congratulations on being unofficially official =)

Jefferson and Erica said...

Congrats! Oh and P.S. I am dying. At 13 weeks I look like your 35. I'm so excited for you and your new little one!