Okay, so it's actually looked a lot like Christmas for a while now. We were really good at getting the decorations up early; we were just late documenting it on the blog! I love Christmas time for the decorations. It just makes the home feel so cozy and bright. My mom always decorated a ton for Christmas every year. I always thought it was so beautiful as a kid. I loved the lighted garlands, the awesome nativity scene, and of course the tree. I remember we would even "organize" the presents to make it look like there were way more than there actually was. haha Every time a new present was put under the tree, we would have to re-organize them to make them perfect!
This is our Christmas card this year! It is the first one that we've made. We only send out a few to immediate family, so don't be offended if you didn't get one. No one did. :)
This is on our counter-top dividing the kitchen from the dining room. This is the ginger bread house that Luke calls "casha" (casa). You can see a few of the candies already missing from his snacking. He reminds me of Hansel and Gretel every time he wants a piece of "casha" because he could just keep eating and eating in pure oblivion.
Here is our Christmas tree! I absolutely love it! Another tradition my Gramma started was to buy an ornament for each of her grand children every year. Now that I have a tree of my own, I have 18 very special ornaments given to me by my grandparents. Each is labeled with my name and the year it was given. Now my mom has started that same tradition with her grandchildren. It is so nice to have a unique and fun Christmas tree rather than just a tree with any old plain ornaments.
I saw something on facebook today that made me laugh. A friend wrote on her status: "Merry Christmas Adam! (the day before Christmas Eve)" haha
So, Merry Christmas Adam!




2 comments:
Thank you for posting the picture of your "hanging" stockings. I always see them one at a time and "flat". It's fun to see them together. I'm glad you like them (thay are knit). Your decorations are beautiful.
I love your tree. Our tree has been redecorated a million different times and looks so funny. I love family traditions and I am glad that your family does them. The Adam and Eve was pretty funny. Never thought of it.
Post a Comment