Sunday, May 13, 2012

Six Little Months

Samuel has been with us for 6 months already! Can you believe it?! Time sure does fly. I took some pictures of Sam each month-- you can tell this is my (Emily's) project because the pictures are not very good and definitely not photo-shopped! but I hope you can see how much he has grown in the last six months; which is a TON and yet not so much. He is a little guy, but we love him!
Newborn
5 lbs 6 oz (<5%ile)
19in (25%ile?)
1 month
 2 months 
3 months
4 months
5 months

6 months:
14 lbs 4 oz (<5%ile)
26 3/4 in (50%ile)
-We are missing a picture month in there somewhere but I'm not sure which month actually (it's either 2 months or 6 months...) Anyway, he's pretty long, but still really skinny! His 3-6 month clothes are still kind of baggy on him.


-Sam is now rolling over. He will almost always roll from his back to his tummy whenever I put him on the floor, but then he struggles to get back over. Silly boy.


- He is not sitting on his own yet. He is just really wobbily and falls right over, but I'm sure it will come soon...


- He is VERY playful. He loves to grab everything and laugh and squeal. He loves to play peek-a-boo and patty cake and loves to be sung to. He loves loves loves to jump! I love how interactive he is.


- He is eating solids like a champ! He can finish entire 2nd foods jar in one sitting. He likes it all so far. No complaints.


- He has yet to sleep through the night in full. Lately it has been really bad and is waking up 2-4 times every night. 


-No teeth yet, but seems to be teething pretty badly. I'm sure they are coming soon. Actually, he had one come in really early at about 2 months but it retracted back into his gums!


- His reflux has gotten a lot better since taking prevacid regularly, but his breathing has not gotten better. He is going back to the pulmonologist next week and then a cardiologist soon.


-Luke has become very protective over his little brother. While we were in Utah and staying with Sarah, my niece Claire would love to come and hold Sam's hand. Luke would freak out every time and tell Claire, "Let go of him!" and try to pry her hands off of Sam usually making Sam cry worse! Luke also claims that Sam is "Mami's baby" and not Papi's baby.


-Luke also plays with his brother and makes him laugh. 


- We all sing "Sam, Sam, Sam, Sammmmm!" in a low minor key. I can't really explain it. I don't know the name of the tune. Even Luke sings it to him. Sam loves it!


- Sam is precious and we love his so much! He just melts my heart and I am so glad he is mine!

2 comments:

Jess Christensen said...

He is so stinking cute. My girls took forever to be good sleepers, too. Especially Charlotte. Keep the faith! :)

Amber said...

Oh!! Sam you are so cute!!! I hope that all is ok with him, and that you guys get some answers/ things resolved! We have your family in our prayers! He has grown a ton. He seems really long in your pictures Emma! Jennelyn loves solids as well, and eats them like it's her last meal. Oh! And reading the song you sing to him, I could hear it in my head.... with the end being really long and maybe you holding your hand out as well? I don't know exactly since I am not there, but it sounds familiar. lol. Hope you guys aren't roasting yet! Love you!