My interview was schedule at 6:30 am. I got there at 6:00 am and they finally interviewed me at 7:00 am. Those 30 min of waiting really make you wonder what kind of questions are they going to ask you, but it was super easy and stress free. At the end of the interview she offered me the opportunity to come back at 1:00 pm the same day to make the oath and become a citizen; I wasn't expecting it to be that quick.
After the interview I rushed to school, changed into my scrubs and had 4 hours of operative dentistry, then I changed my clothes again and made it back to the building at 12:25 pm. The ceremony started around 1:30 pm and it was a bit weird saying the pledge and making the oath.... but I'm happy I made that decision.
I was back at school at 3:00 pm in my scrubs ready for 2 more hours of fixed prosthodontics lab.
This day was definitely an emotional one, but in a sense was kind of surreal because I didn't have time to let the feelings soak in (if that makes any sense).
-Francisco
2 comments:
Congratulations! We can use more citizens like you.
Somehow I totally missed this post (I saw it on someone else's blog list--it wasn't updated to "Skinny Sammy" on their list.) Anyway, congratulations! It's been quite the wait but I hope it will be worth it to you. We're all excited to have such an amazing individual as you are as a citizen in our good ol' USofA! We love you!!!
Post a Comment