I have always wanted to have a garden and for one reason or another (usually had to do with always moving in the spring or summer) I have never had a proper one. This is as close as I've come to have a little garden and I really love it! Luke loves it too! He has been with me every step of the way and we both get so excited when we see a little seed sprout up and grow! It has really grown into a much bigger project than I originally thought. It started out just carrots and cilantro. Then, I added green onions (just cut off of green onions stubs bought from the store, so no seeds. I saw on pinterest that if you leave them in water, they will just grow! so I thought I'd try it with dirt and water. We've got one to grow so far!) Then, we plant sitted a neighbor's sprouts and in return he gave me a few tomato seeds, so we have 3 tomato plants growing in the yogurt cups. Then a friend gave us some leftover basil seeds. Those are in the strawberry container and have not sprouted yet! Since planting the garden, Luke has discovered that there are seeds everywhere and wants to plant them all! So we planted some green bell pepper seeds from a pepper I used for dinner the other night. (Luke was so excited, so we planted them even though I doubt that they will grow...) and the big green container is Luke's "trees" that he planted all by himself. Simply some branches stuck in dirt. Eventually I will transfer the tomato plants into the big green containers.
I really hope that I will at least break even with the money spent on dirt and seeds and containers. It kind of adds up! Not that it is expensive, but when you have very little "play" money, everything seems expensive!
There is a bird feeder directly below my garden and so birds tend to grab some seeds and eat them on my guard rail dropping little seeds into my dirt. So I have to go out and "weed" my garden of bird seed plants. I wonder what they would grow into?
I took the pictures of the garden while Sammy was doing some "potty training". I just let him drink water outside with no diaper on and brought his potty outside in hopes to get him to go on the potty, but also to just let him feel what it feels like to go pee without a diaper on. He was quite surprised when all of the sudden he was all wet!
1 comment:
Good luck with the garden. Don't let Sammy out there alone...how fun to pull all those plants up! Also, good luck with the potty training. He is so cute.
Post a Comment