As every parent out there we have been terrified with stairs and a 20 month old that wants to climb them by himself standing up. Sam definitely thinks he is a grown up man and that he can go up and down the stairs with ease. While part of it is true, he does go up and down the stairs on his feet, he's still our baby.
Today we went to the park and I'm sad to report that he fell down two steps on a tricycle and cut his chin. He bled pretty bad, but after a quick visit to the ER (which happen to be across the street) these two anxious parents (or at least I was) managed to keep it cool. The entire time at the ER Luke managed to get super hungry and needed to go potty. We weren't there for long, but Luke managed to go to the bathroom twice and constantly, that is constantly said that he was hungry as soon as he finished each snack that we had.
Sam got some sort of strip adhesive tape instead of stitches and he is doing great!
Here's a pic of our little one with his wound glued.
The top 5 ways to make your city feel like home
6 years ago

4 comments:
apparently it is just that time of year where we end up at insta-cares and ER's! I hate stairs with little ones that think they are big! (our)Emma's legs are just finally long enough to climb stairs like a big girl. It is nice. I hate watching them tumble.
Sad. Then again, when I came home and saw him he acted like there was nothing wrong. He is ALL BOY! (Get used to it?)
Yep, there will be many more unfortunately. Glad he is all better!! Just keep a helmet on him until he's about 25 :-)
Oh my! I had no idea he got hurt! He is such a cutie and there will be less scar with no stitches.
Post a Comment