Luke had his 6 month doctor appointment today! He is doing great and is turning into a tall skinny boy just like his Papa Knerr!
Luke weighs 16.18lbs (18%ile)
His height is 27.33 inches (71%ile)
His head circumference is 17 inches (25%ile)
The doctor recommended that we add formula to his fruits and veggies just to add some extra calories because his weight percentile has dropped a little bit. At 2 months he was at the 41%ile, 4 months the 29%ile and now the 18%ile. But he is still growing tall steadily in the 70%iles. I'm pretty sure I'm feeding him plenty-- he is still primarily on breast milk and eats a solid about once a day. We now have WIC providing lots of baby food for him though so he will start to step it up with more solids! We will start trying meats soon! :)
An update on cute things that he does:
- He drinks from a cup-- he gets so excited to have some of Papi's juice!
- He rolls from his back on to his tummy. It's funny cuz he doesn't really like to be on his tummy and he gets stuck and can't roll back! He does this often when he wakes up at night or after a nap. I usually find him struggling on his tummy in his crib.
- He rarely takes a binky. He loved it as a newborn but after we lost it for a couple weeks, he never really took it again. He does like to hold it and chew on it though.
- He loves it when we make funny noises at him. We make whistling noises or slurping noises or purring noises and he just laughs and giggles. It's so cute!
- His hair getting longer but he still has his bald spot in the back!
Well, that's all I can think of for now!
2 comments:
I look like that when I eat chocolate too. Ahh, I can't wait to see his beautiful smile in person!
Yeah, that second picture has the look of "Give me moooooooooore chocolate NOW!"
Post a Comment