Friday, July 9, 2010

Independence Day

This year for the 4th, we celebrated on the 3rd! We went to the Gateway Mall in Salt Lake to watch Eclipse with all of Francisco's family! It was great! This was definitely the best of the Twilight movies so far. We can also report that Luke's first movie in the theater was Eclipse! He really did great. After the movie, we went to a park just to enjoy the sun. It was a perfect day.


Luke really has a thing for ears... He just loves to grab them, eat them, whatever! He even plays with his own ears. haha This is his 2nd cousin, Sariah. She is 3 months old and almost weighs the same as Luke! crazy!

After the park we went to Francisco's cousin's house to eat ribs! Yum! We found these pork ribs that are precooked, and pre-marinated in bbq sauce. They are so delicious and so easy to make!

That night Francisco and I headed down to Sandy to watch the fireworks with Sarah and Brett and the girls. It was nice to see them! The fireworks were good, but they happened to light them off right behind a giant office building, so we kinda missed half the show because we couldn't see the short ones. :( oh well. Better luck next time.

3 comments:

Karen K. said...

Fun times! I love Luke's chubby little cheeks. He is sooooooooo sweet. I hope he lets me hug him up--how devastating if he doesn't like me ;) Fortunately I'll have two weeks with Claire--perhaps she'll warm up a wee bit. Olivia loves me though. :) Nojah, at 10 probably isn't into being hugged up and Alexyss is still pretty huggable. So two outta five isn't too bad. I can't wait!!!!! Love you.

Karen K. said...

I wrote that like I talk. You probably have no clue what I was saying. Hopefully Luke will be lovey--I'll have two weeks to win him over. Claire is definitely going to be scared.

Lanette said...

Just a note for the future--our favorite place to watch the fireworks is the fields in Helaman Halls right by the track field. They set them off in there, and it's awesome! A bit loud though, so maybe take earplugs.

And it sounds like a good 4th! (Or rather 3rd). We were so glad to see you and Luke the other day! We really should hang out more.