Sunday, September 4, 2011

Children's Aquarium !!!


So we did get to go to the aquarium yesterday! It was pretty neat and Luke loved it! 

On our way there, the GPS took us on some super sketchy streets and down some scary back-roads; we were quite nervous about where this "aquarium" was located. It turned out that the aquarium was inside the state fair-grounds along with various other attractions and was not scary at all. Outside the fairgrounds, however, was a different story. Glad we found it!

The aquarium was small, but it was the perfect size for a toddler to get through it all with no fits or tantrums. My favorite attractions were the sea turtle and the petting string-rays. Luke actually got his hand in the water and was lucky enough to touch a stringray! The slimey texture startled him and he jerked his hand out of the water splashing it all over his face. He also touched a few different crabs as well. I think Luke's favorites were the sharks and string-rays.















This was Luke's ace after touching a string-ray! Yuck!

I love that these string-rays look like they are smiling! :)







Here is Luke's "pose" again. He has to tilt that head!


5 comments:

Dawn said...

FUN. I love aquariums. Love the prego pic of emily by the swordfish.

Matt - Alicia said...

I love these pictures! I really miss you guys!! Im glad Francis gets 4 day weekend and can hang ou builds castles with CDS and he is brushing his teeth. Emily looks so cute pregnant and Francis you are guapisisimo el mas guapo de Texas. I love the 2 stories about look kissing Emily and that you both are his momi haha! Keep posting is fun to read what you guys are up to :) LOVE YOUU

inesmodel said...

Me encanta saber q comparten tiempo juntos como familia. las fotos estan divinas. Los quiero mucho, los extrano tambien

Karen K. said...

Thanks for all the photos! I love Luke's little pose. Maybe he learned it from Olivia. I've noticed she tilts her head a lot too. ;) I liked your octopus poses. Em, you don't look ready to deliver in nine weeks. You look great (even if you are having troubles rolling over at night!). I really like the pic of Luke looking at the smiling stingray-- Luke's little belly is so cute! The aquarium looks FUN! Glad you got out of the sketchy area.

Amanda D said...

I LOVE the photo's it feels like I am right there viewing everything with you all! I love how the octopus can wrap around you guys and Luke loved to pose with it and him touching the animals and Em with the swordfish and she really does not look ready in 9 weeks. 9 weeks is really quick! Oh my I cannot wait to see pictures of little Sam!