HOWEVER, if we try to put underwear on him or put him in a diaper/pullup, he reverts back to his old ways and will pee in his pants. Any advice on how to get him to at least wear underwear around the house?I am a little tired of having his little bum and peepee hanging out for him to play with.
This is the explanation as to why he has no pants on in the photos below. We tried our best to hide his privates from public eye.
This is Luke's new toddler bed! We found it on craigslist and bought it for $15!!! Heck yes! It had a little bit of white paint on it but I was able to remove it with just a little scrubbing. The girl was also selling some of her son's shoes-- she works at a department store and bought him WAY too many to even wear. So I had fun picking out cute preppy, almost new shoes for Luke. We got 3 pairs (all different sizes) for $5. Sweet. We need to find a new mattress for the crib now too, but there are always some available on craigslist.
Luke picked out (sort of) his new comforter from Ikea. It is a white twin size comforter with a duvet cover, so if and when he gets his own room, we can re-decorate and change the duvet for pretty cheap! (most were $15-30) His was $20. If you cannot tell, it has animals on it including elephants, snakes, monkeys, giraffes, birds, and fish. I liked it because it matched his curtain and the crib set and I really think TV cartoon characters like Dora or Thomas are just so ugly (that's what most kid comforters are these days). I refused to let him decorate his room with those characters. and Luke really likes it too! He knows all the animal noises.
So, I have visions for a super cute nursery, but I am not sure how to execute this project. I HAVE to get something on those walls to make them more interesting, but I don't think I am allowed to paint them. I also plan to paint the toy chest (the last renters left it here). I am thinking a fun spring green? What do you think?
Luke is adjusting to his bed pretty well. He slept in it all night last night with really no fuss. He was so excited to pretend to go "night night" and would pull up the covers and grin and say "night night". He was excited to get through his books and bed time routine, but when we left him alone, he immediately got scared and started to cry at the door. Francisco went in almost immediately and laid on the floor next to his bed. Luke wasn't settling down; just climbing in and out of his bed and wanting to cuddle with Papi, but not crying. I finally went in because I thought they had both fallen asleep and I knew Francisco had studying to do. I realized Luke was still up and though oh great. Now we have to start this all over again! I left, hoping Luke wouldn't freak out. Francisco got frustrated and just left the room and shut the door behind him. So, Luke sort of whimpered and got out of bed and tried to come out as well. He worked at the door knob for a couple minutes and finally gave in. He went to bed and slept all night long. Hooray!
His nap today is going okay, I think. We did everything the same as a normal nap but when I left he screamed and yelled at the door trying to get out for probably 15-20 minutes. When he stopped, I thought he was just planning his escape or something, but now his room is quiet! Hopefully he did go to sleep!
7 comments:
So did he go to sleep? He really is a well behaved boy. I hope you get the same with Sam. ;) I have a ton of spring green paint here at home. Too bad I can't bring it--would love to put it to good use! I'll give the walls some thought--I'll try to remember, anyway! And, finally, I have no idea how encourage Luke NOT to go potty in his underwear. I guess if he does, you can lead him to the potty and show him that's where he was supposed to go and then he can be the one to clean everything up (and put it in the potty!). Just a thought. I have NO idea if it makes sense. I am no psychologist. Good luck!
Cute post honey. I love you!! Luke seriously is the most amazing kid. He has slept in his bed two nights on row!!! He is really close to be potty trained! ; )
I don't know what to do about named Luke! I would say let him wear a dress if her were a girl... And for the room- maybe you can google how to decorate a room with white walls!? I don't know. I wouldn't worry too much about decorating since you won't stay there for too long!
How long will you be there? 4 years? 2 years? I guess I don't know!
Oh, I forgot to say in my last comment. Sarah and Dad kind of agree... Dad told me you should get him a KILT!
Yeah, I hope to stay here for the 4 years so it is long enough to do something pretty significant to their room.
I think even if Luke was in a dress or kilt, I would still have the same problems... He would still play with himself, although I wouldn't have to worry about the modesty. That would be nice.
and Luke did sleep during his nap. Last night we went to bed without any crying! He has adjusted really well.
You should totally get him boy underwear that he can stick his peepee out of when he goes and will think it is cool to wear. I remember with Nathaniel explaining that he does not go peepee in his cool super hero underwear. I also let him pick out his underwear so that he would like it and not want to get it dirty. For the walls, you should do some crafty stuff with picture frames. You can do some art work or print out some animal and put it in the picture frame. You can get cheap frames at the DI and you wouldn't even need glass for the frame. You could paint the frames, have different sizes and kind of like an art wall but chic! Just a thought but there are many ways to spice up a white wall. Good luck and I loved the post.
Post a Comment