Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I'm dreaming of a cool autumn breeze and crisp red leaves.

With the end of this sweaty summer we have been (and still are) enduring, I have become unattainably excited about fall. Most of you already know that this is my absolute favorite season (I've posted about it on here in previous years) but I am just too excited to not write about it!

This year, I have already written my bucket list for the coming season. It is a little longer than normal; actually it is the first time I have made an official bucket list, but still it is more than what I normally think to do during the fall. I think this is for 2 reasons. One, last year I was pregnant and had a baby right before Halloween. That is a bit of a buzz-kill on the outings, recipes, decorations, pretty much everything... Not that having a baby was bad, just bad timing for me, because I wasn't able to do all the things that I wanted, so this year I feel the need to make up for last year. And secondly, this Texas summer has been SO dreadfully long and hot hot hot that I am dying for cooler weather to come! I have been planning my decorations and activities since the beginning of August and the anticipation of waiting has made everything become a little more extravagant in my head.

Here is my list (I had to go get it from my refrigerator):
- Make caramel apples
- Make apple crisp
- Make costumes (I am planning a fairy-tale theme. I will be a princess, Francisco my Knight in Shining Armor, Sam his handsome steed (horse), and Luke the scary dragon. I am pretty excited about it!)
- Make new decorations (I am planning a candy pumpkin garland, a candy corn wreath, adding pumpkins to my living room in my wood-burning fireplace, and some sort of burlap banner.
- Decorate!
- Go to a corn maze
- Pumpkin patch and tractor ride
- Have a Halloween party (I want to have a poker night and use candy as bets!)
- and of course carve pumpkins!

I am just giddy with excitement! Please fall come early this year! (It was 105 today so it's not really feeling like fall.) Oh fall. A girl can dream, right?

Happy dreaming until autumn really does come! What's on your bucket list this season?

-Emily

3 comments:

Miller family said...

I have not been this excited for Halloween in probably 12 years. I can't wait to dress up our baby and take her out trick-or-treating!

Karen K. said...

Have you done any of these things?

Emily D said...

I'm working on the costumes and the decorations. I made the candy garland and added baby pumpkins/gourds to my living room. The wreath will be coming soon! and I have looked into pumpkin patches/corn mazes and unfortunately haven't found one any closer than 40 minutes away!