Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Adventures of Autumn

We have just had so many exciting adventures this season! First, we got a camera! Our other camera broke because we got sand in it on our honeymoon... silly us. So, we found the same one on eBay for about half the price! We are so excited to have a decent camera again!

Next off, I burnt my fingers in Pen court! Pen court is the restaurant that the Dietetic students run as a food management lab. I was in the cooks station and bringing our more green beans and the hotel pan I was transferring them into was next to the hot pan they cooked in & the heat transferred & I grabbed the hotel pan that was now on fire! It totally stinks cuz it was my left hand and of course, I'm left handed! So, I couldn't write for a good 3 days and I couldn't type and of course, I had 2 papers to write and a tests to take that included essay questions all due within 2 days of the burn! It's looking a lot better now, but I still have no feeling-- it feels like a band-aid is on my finger when i touch it! weird!



Next Adventures! We got to go to a pumpkin patch as most of you probably already know from Sarah and Amanda's blogs, and we don't have any pictures of that, but it was fun and we picked out pumpkins and played a game at Victor and Amanda's. It was fun to get to hang out with both sides of the family!

We also went to Cornbellies on tuesday night! We went with Sarah and Brett and Livie and the Eldredges! It was freezing cold! Francsico didn't deal with that very well. He kept mumbling, "Utah fun..." haha We did have fun though. We went through the corn maze, the not so haunted haunted dinosaur, ate greasy french fries and burning hot chocolate, watched pig races where Sarah had to kiss a pig! and went on a hayride from heck! The boy driving the tractor went way to fast and our trailer was flying around, bouncing and banging; we could barely hang on! It was crazy!
Francisco had a lot of fun in the children's activity area we raced ducks by pumping water down a track and milked a cardboard cow! He also said his favorite part was when we stopped to play a little bit of Tether ball! haha It was really fun though!

Last night, we went to a Halloween Costume party! We dressed up as "Our 50th Wedding Anniversary" or just Gramma and Papa, but either way, it was way fun! Francisco has on polyester pants and a button up sweater, with a stuffed gut so he's have the grandpa pooch! I look more like I'm 5 rather than 75, but oh well; I looked cute! We were the only married couple there too-- it kinda felt like a singles ward, but that's okay. We got to dance and hangout and see a few friends that I haven't seen for awhile. :) Apparently some really molly mormon girls asked one of my friends how long we'd been dating after they saw us dancing, cuz we were so scandalous? I don't think we were doing anything real inappropriate... especially dressed up as old geysers... but they felt better when they knew we were married... haha We also left way early and at that point I really did feel like an old woman-- can't stay up past 11. How pathetic! haha

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha- I am the SAME WAY! I am soooo tired by the end of the day! I blame it on college. Yet, when I was single...I seemed to be able to stay up all night! Hmmm...You guys look great! That's funny about that girl wondering how long you've been dating:) That's a cute pic of you guys in that big chair! I love it!

Danielle said...

OH yeah- your fingers look like they hurt so bad! Your face says it all!!!:) I have burnt my hands that bad before...I am so klutzy sometimes. Once I literally stuck my bare hand on a flaming hot pizza pan right when I took it out of the oven. Yeah...that one caused a long, painful burn. I feel very sorry for you:(

Dawn said...

Ouch, Lex looked at your hand and said she buwrned her hand like me!! Hope it's feeling better! Love the big rocking chair, you guys are adorable. Oh and I can't stay up past 9:30 so look what you have to look forward too :0). At least you can make it to 11.

Amber said...

Emma! I want to send you some ice like now! I am sorry about your fingers. They look pretty painful. I am glad that you guys are having lots of adventures. FUN! You are cute in your costume! Love you. At least 1 in the morning doesnt feel like 6am. I think its the only time I get things done anymore. =0)

Karen K. said...

Oooh. I thought I'd commented! Oops. Yup, your burn looks painful. You've had it rough lately with the burn and then the food poisoning (poison sounds so vicious).

You and Francisco looked great! I loved his little paunch. ;) You're right though, you didn't look much like 75. I think we need to get you a different pair of glasses--not the 80's Sally Jessy Raphael type...

And, Sarah needs a rocker. Maybe the Cornbelly's one?