
Warning: This post is NOT about a soap opera!
ANOTHER beautiful anthropology interview that I must do for another wonderful 3 page paper... Yes, I'm sorry. but PLEASE help me out! We do have a little more time this time around-- I'm pretty sure it's due next Friday-- so 1 week! I also need to do 6 interviews, but I don't think the question is as deep. Well, actually, maybe it is...This question is for the youngins-- so like the 20 somethings. (the more mature audience can answer too, but I'm supposed to interview "young and restless" individuals... hence the title. Yes my teacher actually used those words.
So here it is!
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM LIFE?
Please expand an this as much as possible; interpret it as you will. I hope to get more instruction on it today in class!
THANK YOU!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
8 comments:
Wow, talk about a deep class:) I am 20, so I figure I fit in this group...I would say the ultimate thing I want in life is happiness. That's all anyone wants, right? Everything we do in life is centered around trying to find happiness. If I cut my hair, I probably am doing it because I think it will make me happier if it is cut. That was a bad example- but you know what I mean. Everything revolves around the desire for happiness. YET- so many people look for happiness in the wrong places, which is why they are so "restless" because they forget or haven't realized that happiness comes from Jesus Christ, and loving others. That's all I got:) Hope it helps!!! Good luck!
I'm very sad. I just wrote you a novel about this, and I deleted it accidentally or something. So I'll come back later. :)
I agree with Danielle, I think ultimately it comes down to ones happiness. For me, happiness for myself as well as my family and friends. Because everything we do or the goals that we have boils down to how it will make us feel. Whether your dreams are to travel the world, write a book, get married, have a family, or a career or all of the above, you do it to achieve satisfaction or contentment in your life. Anyway, not real profound but I will continue to think about it and add anymore thoughts I may have later.
What do I want from life?
I want to be happy, and see others achieve the same. Now there are different notions of what is to be happy. For some people all it takes it’s to be rich, for others it is parties and drinks, for some it is traveling and seeing places, for other it is sharing with family.
To know exactly what I want from life, I have to know the purpose of my life. Once I know my target, I will be able to determine what happiness is for me.
This might sound too churchy, but the gospel of Jesus Christ truly teaches exactly what everyone should do to achieve everlasting happiness; happiness that is not momentary or that it won’t vanish away with time, it helps you see the big scope of life.
I’m convinced that life is only going to offer us what give it. Meaning, if all day I chose to drink, my future might not seem so bright. In the other hand, hard work eventually pays off. The key is to learn now that true happiness is to be where we can give the most, not receive the most.
So this is what I want from life:
Beautiful, sensitive, loving, caring wife (ACHIEVED)
Beautiful children (under construction……..?)
Close relationships with family (I wished that they lived closer to us )
Give service, help.
Learn to love, forgive, teach, and share. (I life-time goal)
Being able to fulfill all my responsibilities with my family
Share with family happy times!
Be worthy to have my family for ETERNITY!
Beautiful children: "under construction?" WHAT???? We should catch up...lol
OK, so there are different types of things I want to achieve in life. The ultimate thing I want it what's been said before--happiness. I think that's the most important one because it's all-encompassing. Striving to reach my spiritual goals makes me happy, doing well in school and work makes me happy, having a strong relationship with Shaun makes me happy, feeling healthy makes me happy...So that's a good summary of it all. I want to feel complete and whole and like my best self, and I am happy when that happens.
Well, I think your husband just summed it up perfectly. What a good man!
Yeah, Francisco's a keeper. :)
And an answer to Lanette, no, we're not having a baby any time soon. haha; we're still working on the blueprint stage of construction. :)
Thank you for all your responses! They're going to help me right a great paper! hopefully... :)
The "blueprint" stage? ha ha ha. I was going to write something more profound, but it's just not surfacing! Anyway, everyone had good thoughts and yes, I appreciated Francisco's. I'm glad he's taking care of our baby.
Post a Comment