Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life as it is.

Luke usually wakes up between 7:00-8:00 am. Today it was a different story; he decided to wake up at 5:20 am.!!! What is this little turkey thinking???? I tried to bring him into our bedroom because I still wanted to sleep, especially since I went to bed around midnight, but he was screaming his head off.  Emily has to go to work and being pregnant she needs as much sleep as possible so I decided to take Luke downstairs and do his normal routine which is to have a bottle of milk and watch cartoons. Cartoons at 5 in the morning is NOT my favorite thing to do. I wanted to throw him on the air mattress which is in the middle of our living room (we are moving and already sold our furniture) so that I could go back to sleep.

On the way down he cuddled his little head on my neck and wrap his little hands around me. How could I be upset? All those feelings of tiredness and grumpiness melted away. I laid with him on the air mattress and we didn't even turn on the TV or get milk. He simply grabbed my face and pulled it towards him. He likes it when my lips touch his forehead. He fell asleep again. I guess he just wanted to sleep with papi. I couldn't sleep anymore so I just laid there thinking about mostly everything (moving to TX, dental school, Sam almost being here with us, Emily's internship, Luke growing so fast and so forth). It was just then when I thought of my mom and all the hard work it is to raise children. Thank you MOM for everything you did for me! I love you.  Being a good parent is definitely not for wimps.

Here are some old pictures of Luke when he was about 2 months old.

Precious little hands.

Sleeping with papi. 

5 comments:

Karen K. said...

Those are precious pictures. And you're right, how can you be mad when they're so sweet? Luke just delights me. I wish we could see him more. :)

Stephanie Moreno said...

Asi es, es el trabajo mas arduo. Un trabajo que nunca acaba, pero que a la vez, es el mas gratificante, el que mas te llena de amor.

Bellas palabras primito, super daddy! <3

Sarah Peterson said...

aaw- that is a sweet story. Some times they can be so irritating, but then you realize just how fast the time goes and how you wish those moments wouldn't ever end...Before we know it there won't be a baby wanting us to rock them back to sleep ;(

Francisco J. Darquea said...

See Sarah I'm trying to write about daily normal stuff. For some people it might be boring, but I want to be able to remember those things. I don't know I just felt so much gratitude for my parents that I had to write it! : )

Amanda D said...

You can't take any moment for granted, the good, the bad, and the ugly because like Sarah said you soon won't have one cuddling your shoulder and wanting to lay down with you. Or you end up with a kid with 2 missing teeth and he looks 6 instead of 3. It is astonishing how easy we can let our frustrations get the better of us so I applaud you for being able to make the change quickly.