Monday, July 4, 2011

Love, what is it???

For some love is a feeling, and for others love is a verb.

If love is "just" a verb then most people would argue that is a conditional love. If you do this then...I love you.

If love is "just" a feeling then wouldn't that feeling motivate you to do something? To go beyond your comfort zone and do things you wouldn't normally want to do?

I've decided to have unconditional love for the person, despite what they do or don't do.
What do you think?

3 comments:

Emily D said...

I think it is important to have unconditional love. Love is both a feeling and a verb. In order to have unconditional love, we must consider it as both a feeling and a verb. It is something we do, but not just to get something in return. We do things to show our love to our loved ones because we feel it and want to for their sake, not for our own benefit.

I love you sweetie! I hope that I show to you my unconditional love!

Karen K. said...

It is 11:18 pm and I don't have the energy to answer this now (as it is really 12:18 Utah time). (We got home an hour ago!) Anyway, I will give this some thought. My very first thought is that true "love" is how Christ loves us. No conditions and lots of verbs--He does everything for us. Remind me to answer this more later. :)

Francisco J. Darquea said...

I really liked both answers. I love you Honeycito!
@Karen: Really good answer! Love it.