Saturday, February 23, 2013

Brothers for life

Luke and Sam are growing up and starting to really interact with each other. It is fun to see each of their personalities working together. They are good friends but don't always show it! Here are a few of our daily conversations and life happenings.

I often refer to Luke as "brother" when talking to Sam. "Sammy, Go play with brother." and whenever I refer to Sam as brother when talking to Luke, Luke gets an upset, confused look and says, "No. I'm brother! He's Sammy!"

Luke always refers to the boys bedroom as HIS bedroom. "Oh, Sammy is sleeping in MY room."

Luke gets to watch TV during Sam's naps. It's one of the only activities that won't wake Sam up! So, whenever Sam wakes up, I tell Luke "Last episode! Now we can play with Sam!" Lately, Luke has been replying angrily "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH SAM ANY MORE!!!"  because he just wants to keep watching TV. Then, Sam gets up and they play happily together.

Luke watches a lot of Curious George on TV (That is pretty much the only thing we has watched since Christmas, so he is exposed to a lot of daily life activities from that show!) Any time we do something or see something that he saw on TV, he says, "I was watching TV like that!"

Sammy is very tolerant of his brother and is typically the one that is causing the ruckus! He LOVES to knock over Luke's blocks, pillow. or whatever Luke is building at the time. Luke has a hard time with that and whines and cries and yells. If he's feeling patient, he tells Sammy in a very grown up way, "No, Sammy, No!" enunciating each letter very clearly, "NnnOo!" Does that make sense? It's the way I always say no when i am very serious and trying to teach them that it is not safe or whatever. It's cute to see Luke do that too! Even though he's very upset!



A few weeks ago, we were at the WIC office and Sam was looking at a baby in a car seat. I asked the mother if he was okay, and she was fine with it, but Luke came up and stood behind Sammy and watched his every move to make sure he wasn't going to hurt/touch that baby! Luke totally didn't trust him! Then, the second Sam reached down and touched the baby, Luke grabbed him and carried him away! hhahaha.


I really hope that I am raising them right to be best friends for life. I love them both and I want them to love each other!

-Emily

4 comments:

Francisco J. Darquea said...

Great post! Love you Em.

Francisco J. Darquea said...

I love the pictures. They look like they are going to be best brothers for ever!

Sarah Peterson said...

Aren't you glad you had another boy instead of the girl you hoped for now?! It is so nice that they have a close brother relationship! They are lucky to have each other!

Karen K. said...

That was funny. Love the memories you're creating--especially by writing them down!